RatCity Rukkus

I have a confession, I love cars!
Yes, I absolutely love cars! Especially older 50's and 60's cars and Trucks.
Fast cars, and to my surprise, RAT RODS!  Whaaaaat?

Although my two dream cars are the 1965 to 67' Mustang or the 55 to 57 Bel-air.

In the last 5 years, I've been with someone who happens to also share my love for cars and trucks, although he is a wee bit more obsessed than I am and so, he bought Murdock, a 1960 Chevrolet Double pig nosed Truck he dubbed Murdock and I have so lovingly dubbed Murdy. And yes, this name has everything to do with the A-team reference.

With this Truck and through amazing friends we joined the Junkyard Pirates.  We are now privileged club members who get to "Drag out our Junk" and meet amazing like minded car and truck lovers.  Many turn their vehicles into amazing works of Rat Rod Art, such as Jac Lindell, who made Frankenbug.  He is also a Pirate.

Every year the JunkYard Pirates put on an amazing, must see car show called RatCity Rukkus, and last year was my first that I was able to stay all day.  This year on March 31, 2018, I will be attending as a full blown Pirate!  ARRRGH.

It is a car show filled with a mixture of Rat Rods, classic cars, Motorcycles and bicycles (yes you can enter a ratted out bicycle if you so choose).  They have a ton of Trophy's, bands and not to mention a Miss Rukkus Pageant where we do our Miss Rukkus seach ahead of time at several events, such as Mardi Gras at Mr. D's, The Pimp and Ho Ball (trust me it is fun), and a mini car show at Vamp'd with amazing bands.

Each year it gets bigger and bigger and people from around the nation travel out to register their works of art to show off to the Las Vegas crowd.  Family Friendly and a must if you are in town.

Check out the images below and see the short video from last year's Rukkus.  Hope to see you there with my Camera in toe.

Enjoy!



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balloons and Dry Lake Bed

October