Solo Photo vacation Part 1

I haven't written in a Very long time and again, again, and again, have been trying to start a new trend with myself to write more often. I've been through ALOT these last few years and big decisions are being made as I write this.

My photography will still be my number one motivator in career, but where I'll be doing it will be defining my decisions and new adventures.

Hence my solo Vacation.

I wanted to go on vacation to see several things, to research possible moving destinations, see who I am and how I handle myself on my own in a foreign State (away from family) and to get off my ass and go on vacation. I mean, really, who says you can not go on vacation by yourself... I go to the movies on my own when I really want to see a movie, I go out to eat so why not a Vacation... Who says you have to be with someone to do something you want to do? I've heard it all since planning it and one of the top questions... "You are going by yourself?!?" "that is bold!" Why is it so "bold"?
Even though we humans are social slaves, addicts, why is it unheard of in most peoples heads to go on Vacation or whatever by yourself and that it is not normal. So a big vacation like this is just, dare I say it, odd? Well I guess I am odd... Always have been and most likely always will... ;p heh heh.

SO, for those of you who don't know me and for those people stumbling upon this entry or not...

My Vacation started off in Vegas, Friday April 24th. Yes I want to be and live in Vegas, been thinking about it for a long while now
I'll place photos of the cabin and cottage front up soon... Just haven't had the chance on this vacation (STILL on it) to upload all photos.


IN the morning on Saturday April 25th I (being from the East Coast and jet lag is and was) got up way to early. The sun was starting to rise and I had a photo urge. I got out of the nice warm comfortable king bed and went outside with my camera ready to snap a few fun sunrise shots... um... note to self - put shoes on when doing this on Mt. Charleston - in April - in the morning... Hek, put a friggin snow suit on! ;p

As I was standing outside snapping away all the different wonderful scenes as the sun rised, I realized my feet were turning into ice cubes. I finally said, "I better get back in". I Made some hot cocoa, went to sit down to snuggle on the couch and check out the photos I just took, when I looked up and saw... saw... SNOW! Yup. not only was it as cold as it was in Pennsylvania before I left, it had started to snow. My brain couldn't get around the fact I was close to Vegas, how could this be? Simple I was on a mountain!!! So I got my phone and started my first facebook photos. Yes, I have a Facebook and well - most likely annoying the crap out of people with all my updates this trek... LOL!

So... After the snow... after some more warm under the covers bed time, I had to leave. BOOO.

After all said and done, James asked the ultimate question. What time is your flight? ARRRRGH... I said it leaves at 9:15... :( I didn't want to leave, but I did have California awaiting and I really did want to see LA, Pacific Coast Highway and see old friends and meet new ones so my decision in where to be on the West coast was a more decided one.

April 26th - James chivalrously took my slow, tired, didn't want to wake up ass to the airport and I hopped on a flight to LAX... Something that took only 1 hour. Enough time for coffee and the flight attendants practically throwing peanuts at us for the "protocol" peanut give away. LOL! I laughed at that...

I arrived in LAX at 10:55 or let's just round it off to 11am... Picked up luggage and went to THRIFTY for my rental. Picked up the car earlier than expected so I had to spend a bit more money for the damn rental insuring that I got back, on time Wednesday afternoon! It was a cute Dodge Calibur and when the attendant told me "Keys are in car pick what you like" I went out and, being a girl, of course picked the brightest color vehicle. Come on! I am on Vacation! no one will ever see me in that again... ;p

After picking up the car, I called my friend and Old Alumni Sunny, who graciously offered to be my tour guide for the day. After I got settled in my room she gave me her address. Not mentioning that one of the words was ONE word. My GPS took it as another address and I didn't realize this until I headed in the wrong direction, towards traffic. LA Traffic. So, I started snapping with my mobile camera phone and took a photo of the Pasadena/Hollywood sign. uploaded it to Facebook and got numerous reactions. One being from a long lost Hengeveld. LOL! well it was from a Hengeveld I be friended on Facebook and I have NO idea if there is a relation or not.

The Hengeveld Urban Legend is for another Blog Entry.

So, Mr. Daniel Hengeveld of MA46 and another band contacted me via Facebook advising me he and his band were playing on the Sunset Strip at El Cid that night. I thought to myself AWESOME! I am there to photograph. Never been on the Sunset Strip and have been wanting to go for the longest time... WHY NOT...

I finally got to Sunny after my GPS debacle. (ONLY I WOULD HAVE ONE!!! Only I would have a GPS system and STILL get lost... LMAO)...

Sunny took me out to Manns Chinese Theater (YES) I found several celebrities shoes and hands I had to photo and be the TOURIST and put my hands in theirs. And after 20 minutes of walking in circles, I found Frank Sinatra. For some reason I was COMPELLED to find him. and let me tell you, he was a small friggin man. My hands were almost the size of his. I thought for sure he'd be close to 6 foot.

Also, great tip from Sunny for those future Mann Theater goers... Do NOT talk to anyone that has a costume on. They ask for money to get photos taken with them. ALL of them do.

Since Sunny was so great to take me around and show me places I would never think to go, I took her to Sushi Lunch. (pictures to follow).

Then we headed to Mulholland Drive. (photos to follow)

We then went to the Griffith Observatory (Photos to follow)
Ok - I need to stop for now. Didn't realize how late it was on this Friday Morning and I still want to people watch in Venice Beach so I will continue this LONG ASS entry soon! And will upload those photos, since my writing skills need practice.

Until next time my 1 perhaps 2 readers... LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RatCity Rukkus

Balloons and Dry Lake Bed

October