April to October

Many, many things have happened since my Vacation to California. Several exciting and some unfortunate learning experiences.

However the the most important and life changing that has happened has been my decision on where to move and I picked Las Vegas, Nevada. Yep, the last several months I've been deciding, planning, researching, finding where to live and of course packing. It had and has been a whirlwind of changes and each and every one of them I am proud and happy I made.

So now I am in Las Vegas, Nevada starting a new chapter and most definitely loving the weather. I have moved in with two incredible roommates who also took the chance on their dreams to come out here and start fresh.

I've also met another friend who has been inspiring to jump start my career. Granted it took 2 months to calm down from being in the (twiddle my thumbs) desk job I held back in Pennsylvania to, as my roommates put it, a "stay-cation". It took a little bit to get motivation up but I did and it is slowly paying off.

My first adventure out here in the photography business has been helping my Roommates Rebeccha and Rob, and Mike (All Nite Mike) an awesome talented D.J. by night, who is trying to jump start Dinner Theater out here in Sin City. Something I believe in after being a part of it and seeing it first hand that this town of skin and sin desperately needs, especially due to the economy going down the drain and everything priced at $85 and up.

I am no actress by any means (hence why I am behind the camera) but I was able to help with lines and of course the photography angle of it. It was most fun and I am really happy I was able to help with the transition and to hopefully make things less stressful.

The first show was on October 31, 2009 and the play they presented to Laughlin, NV was called "Ghost Town". Written by Ron Long and of course Directed and Produced by All Nite Mike (ANM Entertainment).




Chief Sitting Still giving A few "minor" lessons in the art of comedy.



I also started photographing more promotional and modeling work to expand my portfolio and of course, to keep learning as much as I possibly can. I do want to do more with this field.


Below are some photos I took of Mike during one of his many D.J. assignments that weekend. This was just for fun, however I ended up liking a few, and hopefully we will go out for another photo shoot soon in the desert and get, creative.



AllNiteMike

and

AllNiteMike














There is more of both Mike and "Ghost Town" however I need to get back to updating my website and other things.

I am very motivated to get back out in to the field of landscapes as well. Since coming out here I really haven't had the time to venture out on my own to see what beauty lies and awaits me here on the trails of the desert. The sunsets around here alone have made me long to go hiking with tripod in hand and capture the beauty and intensity of Mother Earth. I might go on foot or I might go out on Horse, either way I can not wait to get "snapping".

I will strive to keep updates going here as well as my website, since I recently came to realize that when you wait a year to update your website, it truly is a pain in the A$$ to finally get it updated. Check it out MHA Photography. I still need to figure out a few details, but all in all it is coming along nicely.

I hope to be more detailed next entry.

Until next time.

p.s. My California Vacation is up on Flickr if you want to see any of it. Not all are one but the majority is: Michele's Photostream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RatCity Rukkus

Balloons and Dry Lake Bed

October