The Disney Cruise - April 22-29, 2006

April 22, 2006

We had the ultimate privilege in April, to be treated to a fantastic and most memorable family vacation on a 7 night Disney Cruise. My Father and Step-mother were being VERY generous and treated us Kids and Grandkids (20 of us to be exact) to this dream vacation and then some, since they spoiled us all with Veranda's! So to say the least - if Dave and I go on another Cruise a port hole is just not going to cut it, and now that I think of it another Cruise line may not cut it. :)

I am probably going to sound like an advertisement, but let me say that Disney not only knows how to treat the kids, they know how to make you feel like a King and Queen. Dave and I were the only ones in the family crowd who did not have kids "yet" and we both absolutely recommend cruising the seas with Mickey & Minni. It was heaven. And from what I saw with my siblings who do have kids they loved dropping the kids off to play for a day as they got to catch up on some R & R.

The Teenagers in our crowd had such a great time I think I only saw them at the 6pm dinner call every night. Their "teen" night activities usually started at 10pm and didn't end until, I think 3 or 4 in the morning? Correct me if I am wrong nieces and nephews... :)

So taking 22 people onto a Disney Cruise is quite a feet, a feet my Dad and Peggy were more than happy to organize. So no one got lost in the Airport crowd we were all given matching Polo shirts, guys wore green and the women wore orange. (The women out numbered the men)


It actually was a great idea! 1. For finding everyone after we got off the plane and
2. Easy to throw on the morning of the departure since we all had to be at the airport by 5:30am? Boy it was early so to not worry about what to wear was perfect! :)


Below, our plane trip to Florida - the beginning of our Disney Adventure:




Ava, Dad & Peggy (a tongue shot)





Something about having kids on a plane can sometimes be a good thing, especially when you can get on the plane first to score this great front spacious seat. :)


Brian, Gina, Jordan oh and Josh in the one seat back.





Keith & Amanda, Ava was in the back sticking her tongue out. :p






Arrived in Florida, now waiting for the bus to Port Canaveral.







Jordan keeping Ava company as we checked in before Boarding the Disney Cruise.




MINNIE! Just a taste of what was to come on the Cruise (still waiting to board). Behind us was a replica of the Cruise ship to show us what also to expect.





...still waiting to board... Come on guys! It is DISNEY! Be happy! :) Maybe they saw "GRUMPY"



One of things I thought was great when boarding the Cruise ship
was walking on. When you were to board next they asked your name and how you would like to be presented. So as music was played and as you walked across the threshold we heard over the loud speaker, "Mr. & Mrs. David Alvaro" - loved it!

Once you boarded you were to wait until your cabins were cleaned so there was a couple hours lag time in between boarding and unpacking, which wasn't bad at all because we went straight to brunch which had incredible food and then wondered the ship.

They had a welcome show on the kids deck and Skylar, Miranda and Jordan were in the fray dancing and having a blast (already)!


Dave, Brian and I were walking the upper deck when we came upon this crowd dancing to some Disney friends. Through all the crowd I was able to spot the Girls dancing it up. Here is Skylar up front and looking thrilled!



Here is Jordan being lifted by Dad. Also having a blast.





When we finally got to our cabins, Dave surprised me with a welcome gift of expensive Wine, a loving note and two wine glasses to celebrate what we hoped would be a romantic adventure, which it turned out to be just that.

Let me say, a Disney Cruise Vacation following an unbelievable Honeymoon in Hawaii - which just made me realize I have to put THAT on this BLOG!! Woops! I was so anxious to get into 2006 I neglected to show you Paradise! This will definitely happen soon.

Needless to say our first day on this Cruise was incredible, tiring, yet incredible. Our first stop in the next post - KEYWEST!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RatCity Rukkus

Balloons and Dry Lake Bed

October