April 24, 2006 - A day at sea

A Day at Sea

I apologize for the delay these last few weeks. I thought I would have been almost done 2006 by now. I am still on our Disney Cruise. So without further delay I wanted to put out first day at sea up here before Heroes come on (yes I am addicted to the new show).

The first day at sea was very relaxing. We took full advantage of the ship and the "Adult" swimming pool and I actually got up early and worked out at the gym they have at the front top deck of the ship. One of the best workouts I've ever experienced. You do not look at yourself in the mirror or see the person next to you. Oh no, what I was staring at while on the stationary bike was endless ocean. Gorgeous, beautiful ocean and the front bow of the boat gently aggressively cutting through the small waves below. Oh and if I remember correctly there was another cruise ship diagonal from ours several miles away. A definite peaceful scene.

After the bike went back to Dave who was still sleeping (he can sleep in still, unlike me who has the internal alarm clock that doesn't shut off).

And since my internal alarm clock went off so early that morning I took some sunrise photos which are below:





I love the horizon in these photos. It was truly a beautiful morning.













The gorgeous glow reflecting on the water.

I was taking this photo while drinking my morning coffee - oh so relaxing.









After this photo I got up and went to the gym.





Oh and then I went up to the buffet (free with the cruise) and picked out a great breakfast and trudged it back to the room to be able to eat out on the veranda. Oh did I mention these few scenes were from our veranda? OH yes no port hole. It is truly worth paying the extra money. ;)

Later in the day after much lying around and drinking much we went to out 6pm dinner at the Art Pallet Restaurant. Let me tell you this was my favorite restaurant of the cruise. There were 4 that we rotated each day and this one was by far the best. I believe (I can not remember) this was our formal dinner night.

Let me tell you about this restaurant. Not too much now I don't want to spoil it for those who decide to go on the Disney Magic. :) When you first entered you notice four paint brush pillars in the center of the room. Everything is black and white and there are all the drawings from almost every Disney movie ever made. As the night progresses and the incredible meal comes out the walls and each drawing start showing color. It starts slow at first and finally progresses to show the entire room filled with color and all the characters you know and love come to life.

I absolutely thought this was the best and most imaginative place to eat and venture to. I wish there was something like it near here to go out on a Friday date night. :)

I didn't want this one to be too long so I will stop here (especially since Heroes has started) and Continue tomorrow in Grand Cayman!

until then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RatCity Rukkus

Balloons and Dry Lake Bed

October